- States manage their lands to make money, not to provide opportunities for recreation.
- States can’t afford to manage our public lands and would be forced to either raise taxes (a nonstarter) or sell them to corporations or wealthy individuals.
- Public lands are good for the economy.
- Currently, many state lands across the country don’t allow hunting or camping…or even hiking.
- You already own them. As a U.S. citizen, you own our public lands. The government is just the caretaker. Once you lose them, you’ll never get them back.
If you’re angry that some politicians and special interests are trying to steal your public lands, here's three easy ways that you can help push back against this public land seizure.