Join the Michigan Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers to celebrate our members and sponsors in support of our public lands, waters, and wildlife for the 3rd annual MI State Rendezvous on August 16-18, 2019 on Big Star Lake in Baldwin, MI!
The weekend will be filled with fun for the entire family with a huge playground for the kids, canoes and kayaks available for use on almost one mile of sandy shoreline! Kids 17 and under are free!
On Friday evening we’re kicking off the weekend with an outdoor film showing of “The Forest” (Deer Hunter Podcast and Suseworks Media)
On SATURDAY ONLY there will be educational and entertaining seminars and demonstrations including:
- MI Chapter Monthly Board Meeting - open to the public
- Various Trainings and Presentations hosted by Chapter Directors
Public Land Water and Access Search (DNR Website) - MI DNR
Field to Fork Deer Processing Demo - Josh Hillyard, QDMA
Fly Fishing 101 - Rebecca Sunshine, Sunshine on the Rise Guide Service
What’s In Your Pack? Western Hunting Prep - Tom Spisz, Vanguard
Micro Tuning Your Bow - Beyond The Ears
BYOR (Bring Your Own Rod) - Scientific Anglers
An Inside Look at “The Forest” - Kevin Vistisen of the Deer Hunter Podcast and Jorden Susewitz of Suseworks Media
Upland Hunting - Heather Shaw, Ruffed Grouse Society
Saddle Hunting and Hang and Hunt Demo- Tim Clarke of Michigan Saddle Hunters, Ryan Nevedal of Deer Hunter Podcast, and Bryan Cjaka
- Archery Dunk Tank!
Following these seminars dinner will be provided by the Michigan Chapter and a Happy Hour sponsored by Atwater Brewing Company will lead into the Michigan Chapter Awards Ceremony and Raffle! Items for raffle include:
- Ruger American .450 Bushmaster
- Bear Divergent Compound Bow
- Vanguard Binoculars and Tripod
- Sitka Flash 20 Pack
- Island View Resort and and Island Charters Fishing Package
- True North Trout Guided Fishing Trip
- Scientific Angler Fly Rod/Reel Combo
- AND MUCH MORE...!!
Capping off the weekend will be a Campfire Stories presented by C.C. Filson around the lakeside fire pit with storytellers Jules McQueen president of Carbon TV, Kevin Vistisen and Nick Bommarito from Deer Hunter Podcast and more!
August 16-18, 2019
Tall Oaks Campground
7153 S. Rebecca Rd.
Baldwin, MI 49304
All Tickets Include:
- All activities/seminars
- Camping (if applicable)
- 5 raffle tickets (more will be available for purchase)
- Dinner Saturday night
- 2 drink tickets for Atwater Happy Hour on Saturday evening (Must be 21 or over)
- From M-37 turn West onto W. 76th Street
- After 4.6 miles turn South onto S. Rebecca Rd.
- Stay on S. Rebecca Rd. past Big Star Lake Association
- S. Rebecca Rd. dead ends at the Tall Oaks Odd Fellow and Rebekah Youth Camp.
See Google maps for more detailed directions https://goo.gl/maps/Z49buB39vJnS67M56
- CHECK-IN - Open for check in at 5pm Friday.
CABINS- Please bring your preferred creature comforts; Sheets, Blankets, Sleeping Bags, Pillows, Fans, Teddy Bears...
PARKING - Cabin reservations can park at their designated cabins. Campsites are limited to ONE vehicle per site, on that site. Overflow parking and day pass parking is located at the front of the campground entrance.
TENT SITES - Any open space for tent camping is first come first serve.
CAMPFIRES - You are welcome to bring your own firewood. There are 10-15 fire rings to use. First come first serve. There will be a couple designated group campfires for everybody to gather around!
- RECREATION - Plenty of water to fish so bring your fishing gear. Also archery equipment is encouraged as there is an archery range on site!
FOOD AND DRINK - Dinner is on us Saturday night, but please plan your own meals for Friday’s dinner and Saturday’s breakfast and lunch. Water is a must so plan accordingly, but we will have water stations throughout the campground. With the exception of the Atwater Happy Hour, the weekend is BYOB.
- ICE - Ice is available at $1 per bag from the camp agent, or bring your own.
- CHAIRS - Bring your own camp chairs for the outdoor film on Friday night and for the CC Filson Campfire Stories.
- TRASH - This one is obvious. Don’t be a pig. There are trash cans located throughout the campground. Utilize them!
- SMOKING - Smoking is prohibited inside the cabins or any other building. Please make sure any butts are completely snuffed out and disposed of properly.
- OTHER ITEMS - Bug Spray/Thermacells, Sunscreen, First Aid and preparations in the event of rain are good things to remember.
- CHECKOUT - Prior to checkout, please ensure all trash is bagged and placed in or near receptacles; all fire rings are free of trash and fires are put out; Cabin windows and doors are closed and secured and lights are shut off; Property is left in the same condition as arrival. *ALL GUESTS MUST BE CHECKED OUT NO LATER THAN 11AM ON SUNDAY*
SEMINAR/PRESENTATION SCHEDULE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
**Note: These presentations will be going on simultaneously for each time slot at different locations**
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
District Leader/Volunteer Training - Planning a Successful Pint Night/Event Tracking & Reporting - Amber Casey & Dustin Nichols (BHA Board Members)
Social Media Perception in the Outdoors - Jeff Lipple (BHA Board Member)
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
MI DNR - Public Land Water & Access Search (DNR Website) - Matt Tonello (DNR)
**12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Break for Lunch**
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
What’s in Your Pack; Western Hunt Prep - Tom Spisz (Vanguard)
Gear Review - Craig Schneider (Beyond The Ears)
Fly Fishing & Casting Contest (with prizes!) - Rebecca Sunshine (Sunshine on the Rise Guide Service)
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
BYOR, Rod & Reel Setup - Scientific Angler
Saddle Hunting Demo - Tim Clarke, Ryan Nevedal, Bryan Cjaka
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Field to Fork - Jason Meekhof (BHA Chapter Coordinator) & Josh Hillyard (QDMA)
Public Land Whitetail Hunting - Kevin Vistisen (Deerhunter Podcast)
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Upland Hunting 101 - Heather Shaw (Ruffed Grouse Society)
**If you have any questions prior to the weekend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ! The Atwater Brewing Happy Hour, Raffles, and Filson Campfire Stories will follow the seminars, and BBQ dinner!**
***Only 150 Tickets Available***
August 16, 2019 at 5pm - August 18, 2019