Join the Michigan Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers to celebrate our members and sponsors in support of our public lands, waters, and wildlife for the 3rd annual MI State Rendezvous on August 16-18, 2019 on Big Star Lake in Baldwin, MI!
The weekend will be filled with fun for the entire family with a huge playground for the kids, canoes and kayaks available for use on almost one mile of sandy shoreline! Kids 17 and under are free!
On Friday evening we’re kicking off the weekend with an outdoor film showing of “The Forest” (Deer Hunter Podcast and Suseworks Media)
On SATURDAY ONLY there will be educational and entertaining seminars and demonstrations including:
- MI Chapter Monthly Board Meeting - open to the public
- Various Trainings and Presentations hosted by Chapter Directors
Public Land Water and Access Search (DNR Website) - MI DNR
Field to Fork Deer Processing Demo - Josh Hillyard, QDMA
Fly Fishing 101 - Rebecca Sunshine, Sunshine on the Rise Guide Service
What’s In Your Pack? Western Hunting Prep - Tom Spisz, Vanguard
Micro Tuning Your Bow - Beyond The Ears
BYOR (Bring Your Own Rod) - Scientific Anglers
An Inside Look at “The Forest” - Kevin Vistisen of the Deer Hunter Podcast and Jorden Susewitz of Suseworks Media
Upland Hunting - Heather Shaw, Ruffed Grouse Society
Saddle Hunting and Hang and Hunt Demo- Tim Clarke of Michigan Saddle Hunters, Ryan Nevedal of Deer Hunter Podcast, and Bryan Cjaka
- Archery Dunk Tank!
Following these seminars dinner will be provided by the Michigan Chapter and a Happy Hour sponsored by Atwater Brewing Company will lead into the Michigan Chapter Awards Ceremony and Raffle! Items for raffle include:
- Ruger American .450 Bushmaster
- Bear Divergent Compound Bow
- Vanguard Binoculars and Tripod
- Sitka Flash 20 Pack
- Island View Resort and and Island Charters Fishing Package
- True North Trout Guided Fishing Trip
- Scientific Angler Fly Rod/Reel Combo
- AND MUCH MORE...!!
Capping off the weekend will be a Campfire Stories presented by C.C. Filson around the lakeside fire pit with storytellers Jules McQueen president of Carbon TV, Kevin Vistisen and Nick Bommarito from Deer Hunter Podcast and more!
August 16-18, 2019
Tall Oaks Campground
7153 S. Rebecca Rd.
Baldwin, MI 49304
All Tickets Include:
- All activities/seminars
- Camping (if applicable)
- 5 raffle tickets (more will be available for purchase)
- Dinner Saturday night
- 2 drink tickets for Atwater Happy Hour on Saturday evening (Must be 21 or over)
Campground Policies and Procedures:
- There is no smoking allowed in the dining hall, cabins, bathhouse, or any other camp buildings. Properly dispose of cigarette butts by snuffing them out and placing them in a waste receptacle. DO NOT throw them on the ground.
- The pet’s owner is responsible for the care and management of the pet while staying at the campgrounds. Owners must secure their dogs on leashes or other means at all times when outside of rental units or camper/RV. Dogs over six months must be registered and wear a collar with tags at all times. Dogs are not allowed in the dining hall, unless as a certified leader dog or an emotional support animal with documentation from a licensed professional. Owners must clean up all solid waste of the pet and properly dispose of it in plastic trash bags into the trash dumpster.
- A fire barrel or the large fire ring is to be used for any and all campfires. Small grills are also available for use. Firewood is for sale from the camp agent at $20.00 a load. No wood can be brought in to the campgrounds. We enforce all local burn bans.
***Only 150 Tickets Available***
August 16, 2019 at 5pm - August 18, 2019