Sunday, October 7th from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Team 1→ Surry County Scrubs
- Put in at Burch Station, take out at Yadkin/Shore Access in Crutchfield
- Approx. 5 mile float. Bring a boat if you’ve got one, but there will be a John boat, 5 canoes, and 2 kayaks and the ability to haul up to 15 additional.
- ****All participants with boats should come to Burch Station at 9:30am. Everyone else needs to arrive by 10:00am**
Team 2→ Winston-Salem Winners
- Old 421 Yadkin River Access
- Bank and river access clean-up and enhancement
- **Bring a boat if you’ve got one just in case there’s an opportunity to reach a little deeper or to the other bank. If you want to organize a float leaving or arriving from Old 421 then it is up to you to do so**
- Team Leads: Katie Wilder, Yadkin Riverkeeper, & Jordan Linger, Fiddlin’ Fish Brewing Company & NCBHA
Team 3→ Save-the-Yadkin Yokels
- Put in at Hwy 601 on the S. Yadkin, take out at the Salisbury Pump Station where the S. Yadkin connects to the main stem
- Approx. 3.5 hour float
- **All participants of Team 3 need a boat! (Or need to secure a seat on a friend’s.) Arrive at the Hwy 601 put-in by 9:30am to drop boats and do some vehicle shuttling**
- Team leads: Sam Parrott, NCBHA & Three Rivers Land Trust, & Luke Weingarten, NCBHA
All participants must bring any personal needs for the day (e.g., gloves, waders, bug spray, sunscreen, snacks, water, etc.). Trash bags and other cleaning supplies will be provided. NCBHA will cover any dump fees, but we’ll need help getting the trash where it needs to go so if you’ve got a truck, thanks in advance.
Next, Pint Night at Fiddlin’ Fish Brewing Company in Winston-Salem from 4:00pm-6:00pm on Oct 7th following the Yadkin River Scrub. If you’re coming out to get muddy with any of the teams above then you owe it to yourself to celebrate with beer and comrades. If you won’t be able to scrub the Yadkin with us then, well, you owe it to yourself to celebrate with beer and comrades!
See you on the Yadkin!
October 07, 2018 at 10am - 1pm