Are you creative? Do you have a smart phone? Want to win amazing prizes from our partners?
The 2nd Annual Public Land Owner Film Fest – a film fest driven by YOU and your fellow BHA members – returns to the 8th Annual BHA North American Rendezvous, May 1-4, 2019, in Boise, Idaho! This is your chance to showcase your abilities on the big screen! Anyone can enter and all are encouraged to participate.
Submit entries below
#1 - Advocacy and Issues: make a video highlighting threatened public land or water - or film yourself interviewing people about their favorite public land! Creativity is encouraged. Prize TBD.
#2 - Skills: Do you know the best way to get your fly out of tree? Can you skin a squirrel in 10 seconds? Show us how to do it! Prize TBD
#3 - General: This one is up to you. Perform a skit with your friends, make a hunting mockumentary, or even film a solo hunt. This one has no limits so get creative! Backcountry eBikes Stalker 750 with Hunting Cargo Trailer.
#4 - Corporate Partner Commercial: Twenty of our corporate partners have each offered an amazing prize package for the best 30 second commercial promoting their brand! Make the best commercial and see it on the big screen at the Rendezvous. Check out all the prizes you can win below!
Sponsor Video Details
- Every knife in Benchmade's Hunting Line (that's 14 different knives!)
Think imperfect – In a world of polished gear, filters and perfect imagery we want to see the not-so-perfect side of your outdoor adventure. Show us what’s real - the pain, grit, and difficulty of your experience and what keeps you motivated to get outside.
- $1,000 gift card - Camp Chef
- Your friend in the field, your most trusted companion, nothing can break the bond between you and your dog. Whether it’s on a covey of quail, healing the pack string or hiking with the family, in 30 seconds or less, tell us the story of how your dog is a #filsondog. Filson
Prize package includes: $2000 worth of Filson product. Custom Emboss Bridle Leather Dog Collar, Bridle Leather Dog Leash, Rope Dog Leash, Dog Retrieving Toy, Large Dog Bed, Dog Bowl, Shelter Cloth Dog Coat, Dry BackPack, Heritage Sportsman Bag, Tin Game Bag, Tin Cloth Gun Sleeve, Logger Mesh Cap and Henley Guide Sweater.
- $1500 Gift Card – First Lite
- $2500 Gift Card - goHUNT
- Mountain Ascent (you choose caliber) and a K6S .357 Kimber revolver
- 25-50x80 Spotting Scope with Tripod and Head
- A full year’s worth of product PLUS an all expenses paid trip to Utah where you will tour Mtn Ops Headquarters, do a workout, and choose either a duck hunt or pheasant hunt! Mtn Ops
- 2018 Fat Tire bike - New Belgium
-essential map products from the most accurate hunting GPS tech on the market and more! OnXmaps
- All new 2019 Prime Bow - Prime Archery
-Quality fishing gear from Redington! Hydrogen 590-4 Rod, Rise Reel 5/6 in Silver, RIO InTouch Gold WF5F, Sonic-Pro Waders and Prowler Boots.
- A one of a kind original piece by RepYourWater designer Garrison Doctor (value $500) and a $200 gift card to www.repyourwater.com
- An 8-person Bundle: 8-man tipi, ½ liner and wood stove. The winning Seek Outside video will embody their core values while matching their brand style. Seek Outside
- We appreciate the opportunities public land provides for family adventures. Whether introducing your kids to their first bugle or enjoying long sits in a stand together, it's these moments that build lasting memories. Show us what Public Land means to you and your family. Simply tell us in front of a camera or share a family adventure. The message that connects with us the most will win an outfit for each member of your immediate family. Sitka Gear
- Pack, Accessories...AND A TENT
- Timberline 1300 Pellet Grill and portable Ranger Pellet Grill
- Fury Rangefinding Binoculars, Razor HD Angled Spotter, and Razor HD LH 2-10x40 Riflescope
- Weatherby Vanguard Stainless Synthetic rifle and a SA-08 Synthetic Shotgun.
- Tundra 75, an accessory, bag and a soft cooler!
- There is no limit to the number of videos an individual can submit
- Films submitted for Categories 1-3 may not exceed 3 minutes in length
- Films submitted to the Corporate Partner Commercial category (category #4) may not exceed 30 seconds in length
- By submitting a film to the 2ndAnnual Public Land Owner Film Fest you are relinquishing all rights to the film to Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
- Those submitting films agree to have all necessary permits to film in your specific location
- By submitting a film you agree to have procured the rights to any music playing within the film
- Entries can be submitted October 1st, 2018 through February 1st, 2019. (*Deadline Extended to March 1st, 2019)
- BHA will begin selection of the finalists in categories 1-3 on March 2, 2019 and will notify finalists that their film will be shown at the Rendezvous by April 1st, 2019
- BHA and participating corporate partners will select the winners of category 4 by April 1st.
- Winning entries will be featured at the Public Land Owner Film Fest on the evening of Friday, May 3rd at the 8th Annual North American Rendezvous in Boise. The audience will vote on the best video in categories 1-3 and the winning films for category 4 will be shown throughout the film fest at the Rendezvous.
Following Rendezvous, the Public Land Owner Film Fest will be available for BHA chapters to show around the country.