Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
LOCATION: Longmont, CO or Missoula, MT
SCHEDULE: 20 hours per week - credits available
Looking for an intern to help with development and management of BHA’s social media content, online communications and blogs, and marketing materials. Position is ideal for an individual with an interest in learning how to manage a membership-based non-profit's online communications and marketing strategies. The individual will be a part of the organization’s rapidly growing online outreach efforts and will learn how to:
- Engage fans and members on some of America’s hottest issues related to public lands, fish and wildlife conservation and sportsmen access.
- Run, manage and monitor highly targeted social media ads on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Google Adwords
- Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to drive traffic to website
- Design engaging visual content
- Coordinate multi-channel online content in an inspirational way
- Work as part of a team that includes BHA’s Social Media Coordinator, Communications Director and Conservation Director to help grow BHA’s presence and following online
- Academic background in the areas of communications, marketing, or business/nonprofit management.
- An open-mindedness and willingness to learn
- Ability to learn programs and processes quickly
- We require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially experience with the available social media tools and platforms
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Youtube and LinkedIn
- Experience with design programs a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate to the public in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Should have personal (laptop) computer.
- Those with experience or an interest in the hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and/or conservation will receive special consideration.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. The subject of the email: Media Intern