Saying goodbye and thanks to a leader, but welcoming the future.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers would like to thank Bart George for his incredible service as a chapter leader and chairman of the Washington chapter board of BHA. Bart served on the chapter board for the better part of 10 years, during which time the Washington chapter has seen incredible growth and success. Those who know Bart, know him as a true public lands advocate, and a savant of its wild spaces. As a wildlife Biologist, houndsman, and devoted big game hunter, Bart clocks more hours in our wild places than most dream of. He is a great ambassador for BHA and we are truly grateful for the time he has given to the Washington board.
Bart, thank you so much for your leadership and the memories.
Bart collaring a cougar for work with his young sons in tow.
While Bart will be greatly missed, we are still in great hands with our returning leaders. Through their guidance and know-how, we are excited for the future of our chapter.
- Cameron Lankhaar - West Co-Chair, Events & Fundraising Leader
- Carmen Vanbianchi - East Co-Chair, Conservation & Policy Leader
- Lauren Ling - East Events & Fundraising Leader
- Matt Little - Conservation and Policy Leader
- Mike Lithgow - Conservation and Policy Leader
- Ryan Los - Treasurer
Last but not least, we are happy to welcome our newest chapter leaders! We are very excited about the experience these new leaders bring to the team.
- Bryce Levin - Conservation & Policy Leader
- Sam Kimmell - Conservation & Policy Leader
- Dan Wilson - Secretary
- Clarence Rushing - West Events & Fundraising Leader
- Tessa Rath - West Events & Fundraising Leader
- Keith O’Toole - East Events and Fundraising Leader
- Jenn Cordz - Communications Coordinator
- Joshua Messer - Communications Coordinator
Together, we are pumped to continue acting as the voice for the hunters and anglers of Washington, for we believe our team fully encompasses the great words of Teddy Roosevelt, “far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” We all love what we do, and we are enthusiastic for the future of our chapter.
BECOME A CHAPTER LEADER
The Washington chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is in search of passionate volunteers to fill out our growing leadership team!
Please send any questions or comments to [email protected].
(Qualified applicants must reside within Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King, or Pierce County)
(Qualified applicants must reside within Kittitas, Yakima, Benton, or Klickitat County)