Backcountry Hunters & Anglers (BHA) is a North American nonprofit organization with chapters throughout Canada and the United States. BHA seeks to ensure North America’s outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of our wild public lands, waters, and wildlife.
Now, more than ever before, we need wild lands: places that offer solitude and challenge to rekindle the fire at the heart of the human soul. BHA is a nonpartisan group of sportsmen and women who are standing up for these places and for the outdoor access opportunities they represent. We are North America’s leading sportsmen’s and women’s conservation organization dedicated to our public land’s legacy and the waters, wildlife, and traditions they sustain.
BHA seeks an Office Manager who will be responsible for oversight of our office and customer service operations. The Office Manager will lead all day-to-day customer service operations of the organization as well as management of the office including assisting with financial and operational duties.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with little supervision and be flexible and organized in a fast-paced work environment. This position requires the ability to exercise good judgment, make responsible decisions, analyze problems, adhere to standards of confidentiality, have excellent customer service skills, and communicate effectively. The successful candidate will adhere to BHA’s mission and philosophy.
Responsibilities for Office Manager:
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure the office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Manage admin email and field customer service inquires
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Manage and maintain IT infrastructure
- Maintaining a database, ensuring that records are complete and current for memberships, donations and event spreadsheets
- Process Business and Gift memberships
- Assist in organizing and distributing receipts, forms, and other documents
- Manage intern program
- IT support including Microsoft Office and acting liaison with IT Contractor and staff
- Assist with BHA hiring process and other related HR duties as needed
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of work experience in administer Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers and have strong customer service skill
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as knowledge of standards for operating a donor database.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to accuracy and a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be innovative and a creative thinker with a proven success of following through with ideas
- Preferably a hunter and/or angler with a willingness to work flexible hours
- Must conduct work with integrity, good humor, and a focus on developing partnerships, building trust and strengthening professional relationships
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and have a valid driver’s license
BHA offers a stimulating and fun work environment, health insurance, matching 401K and a generous leave package including annual time off for backcountry hunting/fishing, and discounts with BHA corporate partners.
Starting Salary: Full time permanent position, salary depending on experience
Location: Missoula, Montana. In office.
Application: To apply send cover letter and resume to the hiring committee at [email protected] with the subject line “Office Manger”
Applicants will be accepted through July 1st, or until the position is filled.
Please attach your cover letter and resume as one pdf document. The application cover letter should outline both your interest in and qualifications for this position.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting through education and work on behalf of wild public lands and waters.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.