Hit the trail this summer with New England BHA for the Hike to Hunt Challenge! RSVP below to receive detailed trailhead/meetup information and to join us for a medium-difficulty, organized 5 mile hike at Great Swamp Management Area in West Kingston, Rhode Island on the morning of Saturday, July 25. Registrations will be capped at 9 hikers unless we're able to obtain a special use permit from RI-DEM. Hikers should wear appropriate clothing and footwear and bring food and water, and any gear-related, planning or general questions can be sent to [email protected]
We will be taking special precautions at this event to follow coronavirus guidelines, including:
- Hikers must RSVP using the registration link, and registrations will be capped at 9 hikers unless we're able to obtain a special use permit from RI-DEM.
- Per state guidelines, hikers must wear facemasks at the trailhead. Once we're on the trail and able to maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance facemasks will not be required.
- Out-of-state visitors are welcome and are not subject to 14-day quarantine restrictions as long as they are not traveling from a state currently under stay-at-home restrictions or from a state with a coronavirus positivity rate above 5%.
- Anyone that is not feeling well or is experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as fever, shortness of breath or coughing/sneezing, or has been in contact with someone that has recently tested positive should stay home.
- We will supply hand sanitizer that hikers can use during the event.