When: Saturday, June 22, 2019
Where: Muster in the Mountains - Morris, PA
Who: 6 teams of two chefs
What: A wild game cook-off between teams, judged by a panel of tasters.
Teams interested in competing in the Wild Game Cookoff at the #BHAMuster need to email Chris Hennessey at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim a space. This is first-come, first-served and we only have 6 slots! Unlike other Wild Game Cookoffs, this competition will not be chapter-specific for purposes of team registration.
Camp Chef Cooking tools provided
outdoor grill – 2 burners
#10 Skillet – 1 each
Griddle -1 each
Table – 1 each
Five-piece cooking utensil set – 1 each
Roll-up cutting board
You will be judged on the five following criteria with a score of 1-10, (1 being lowest & 10 being highest). Dish with the highest score wins. Judges will decide method of breaking a tie.
- Hosting – how you treat the judges
- Dish Presentation – how it looks
- Flavor – speaks for itself
- Represents your Chapters State – how the ingredients reflect the table fare from your state/s or province
- Creativity – speaks for itself
- Raw ingredients to start (exceptions – home cured meats from wild game, home canned sauces or broths but these ingredients cannot be the main course)
- No precooking or prep work allowed
- No Professional Chefs
- Event is timed, and you must complete dish from start to finish in 1 hour
- Only 2 chefs can compete per team, with maximum of 9 teams.
- Must use cooking equipment provided – you can use your own accessories ie: knives, forks etc.
- Must provide enough food for 5 judges to sample
- No domestic meat allowed
- Extra points may be given for minimal use of store bought or commercially processed food