We've made it easy for ya!
Below are some must-have, hot-ticket gift ideas from many of the Montana-based brands and businesses who support our wild public lands and waters and all the work we do here at BHA.
Now more than ever - if and when you can do it safely - we encourage you to shop local.
- Black Coffee Roasters is where BHA's Missoula staff gets their Joe. Not only do they make the best cup of coffee in town, but they continually support BHA and public lands, and now they're offering organic instant coffee that's perfect for the backcountry.
- Well before Covid hit, Burch Barrel has known that gathering around a campfire outside, is what we humans crave. Check out their innovative BBQ/fire pit here.
- Built for at-home fitness, MTN Tough Fitness Lab out of Bozeman has one goal: get you ready for your next backcountry hunt.
- Don't forget! The BHA Store has some great gear including the following collabs: First Lite hats; Rep Your Water Dog collars and leashes; Victory Public Land Owner arrows, leggings by Pure Venatic and BHA-branded Orange Aglow hunting vests.
- Livingston, Ace & Butte Ace Hardware stores have stepped up to support the Chapter's efforts and we encourage you to show them some love.
The Trail Head in downtown Missoula offers everything you need for your outdoor adventures, including a great lineup from Montana Fly Co.
- Live up in the Flathead? Be sure to stop in at Sportsman & Ski Haus to find something for all the hunting and fishing gear heads on your list including a great selection of dehydrated and freeze-dried meals.
- Bozeman-based Stone Glacier has been a generous supporter of the Montana Chapter. We encourage you to look their way if you're in the market for a new hunting pack, backcountry tent or performance clothing.
- 2020 got you needing a drink? BHA now has our own branded wine, whiskey from Spotted Bear Spirits in Whitefish and a pale ale from Highlander Beer in Missoula. Portions of the sales from each go back to BHA.
- Missoula-based OnX is simply the best tool for navigating the public/private interface while in the field. If you use code "BHA" at checkout, OnX not only gives a portion of the proceeds directly to BHA, but you get 20% off as well. What's not to love!?
- Tony Bynum in East Glacier has been a generous supporter and life member of BHA for some time. His hunting photography is second to none. Any public land owner would appreciate one of his prints.
Sitka Gear in Bozeman has been a tireless supporter of BHA both here in Montana and across North America. Look to them for performance hunting and lifestyle clothing for men, women and youth.
- Not seeing what you want on this list? No worries! Amazon.com has just about everything you could ask for, and you can still give back to BHA through AmazonSmiles. Simply shop through the AmazonSmile site and be sure to select Backcountry Hunters & Anglers as your charity of choice. A percentage of each sale will find it's way back to BHA; it all adds up and your shopping experience and prices will be identical.
- And finally, the #1 gift we can recommend this holiday season is a Gift Membership to BHA. Starting at just $35, these memberships support the work we do, expand our ranks and amplify our voice. Surely you know a friend or family member in need of nudge to join BHA. If you gift them a year, we'll be sure to convince them to stay on as supporters after that.
From all of us at the Montana Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, thank you for your continued support, and happy holidays!
PS, there's still time to enter our Montana BHA Sweepstakes; winners will be announced on Christmas Day!
Learn more about the Montana Chapter: