Join BHA for the opening of Dove Season at Tenoroc Public Small Game Hunting Area. Members and guests are encouraged to arrive as early as possible due to the limited nature of the opportunity. 25, no-cost, daily permits (non-transferable, no exemptions) will be issued the day of the hunt at the check station on a first-come, first-served basis. One youth under 16 years of age may accompany an adult dove permit holder and may hunt under the supervision and in the presence of the permit holder.
Participants will gather at the check station located at 3829 Tenoroc Mine Road, Lakeland, Florida 33805. All participants must have a Florida Hunting License and Management Area Permit. The area also features some of the best freshwater fishing in Florida with bank fishing, canoe and motorized opportunities.
Regulations Specific to Dove Season:
- Dove hunting is allowed only within the posted dove field boundaries.
- Hunters must pick up all shotgun shells and other trash before leaving the dove field.
- Hunters will choose a shooting station from which to hunt but can move to another shooting station in the field if it is vacant.
Public Access and Vehicles:
- Public access within the dove field is prohibited except by dove hunt permit holders and their guests. Access at any other time is prohibited.
- Dove hunters may enter the area no earlier than noon and exit the area no later than 1 hour after sunset.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking area(s).
Hunters, Check Stations and Harvest Reporting:
- Dove hunters shall check in and out at the designated dove field check station when entering or exiting the area and check all game taken.
- Hunters can choose their shooting station, first-come, first-served, beginning at noon.
- Each permitted hunter may be accompanied by one youth hunter and one non-hunting guest. The non-hunting guest shall remain under the supervision and in the presence of the permitted hunter at all times during the hunt.
- Hunting with firearms other than shotguns is prohibited.
- Shotguns shall not be larger than 10 gauge and shall be incapable of holding more than 3 shells in the magazine and chamber combined.
- Children under the age of 16 may not be in possession of a firearm unless in the presence of a supervising adult.
- The discharge of a firearm outside of periods open to hunting or in areas closed to hunting is prohibited
- No person shall discharge a firearm or have a loaded firearm in hand while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
September 26, 2020 at 6am - 9am