Hurricane season had a lot of negative impacts on the people and landscape of the Florida Keys, one of these negatives was the spreading of debris across Sugarloaf Key. Florida Lands and Wildlife is hosting a Clean Up Day and supplying Trash Bins. Please see below for more details:
When: Monday, March 5 (8:00 am – 12:00 pm, approx.)
Where: Sugarloaf Key, Old State Rd 4a (exact location in the picture below)
- Please bring work gloves (leather or gardening gloves) if available.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants and long sleeve is recommended due to mosquitos. Bring water, sunscreen, insect repellent and a hat.
- The meeting point is at a yellow gate before the dirt road that leads to what locals call the “Jumping bridge” (see picture attached).
- Bring your bathing suit if you wish to get in the water after the clean-up and let us know if you will stay.
- You can park in the right of way of Old State Rd 4, just not close to the corner with Sugarloaf Blvd.
March 08, 2018 at 8:00am - 12pm
Sugarloaf Key, Old State Rd 4a