Backcountry Hunters & Anglers (BHA) is a North American nonprofit organization with chapters throughout Canada and the United States. BHA seeks to ensure North America’s outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of our wild public lands, waters and wildlife.
Now, more than ever before, we need wild lands: places that offer solitude and challenge to rekindle the fire at the heart of the human soul. BHA is a nonpartisan group of sportsmen and women who are standing up for these places and for the outdoor access opportunities they represent. We are North America’s leading sportsmen’s and women’s conservation organization dedicated to our public land’s legacy and the waters, wildlife and traditions they sustain.
BHA seeks an Executive Assistant to the President and Chief Executive Officer. This position will work closely with the President and CEO and is responsible for providing advanced, diversified, and confidential secretarial and administrative support to the BHA’s President & CEO.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with little supervision and be flexible and organized in a fast-paced work environment. This position requires the ability to exercise good judgment, make sound decisions, analyze problems, adhere to standards of confidentiality, have excellent customer service skills and communicate effectively. This position must have excellent interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills as well as adhere to BHA’s mission and philosophy.
The Executive Assistant will engage in the following:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the President/CEO with wide latitude for exercising discretion and judgement including but not limited to maintaining the President’s calendar, managing executive communications and facilitating the President’s completion of tasks.
- Manage workflow for the President to ensure timely completion of tasks and priorities. Proactively gather needed materials for President’s daily meetings. Prepare meeting agendas, memos and correspondence.
- Coordinate busy and shifting office calendar for the President including scheduling and coordinating meetings and/or conferences and attending meetings for purpose of recording, preparing and distributing minutes and reports. Arrange for and schedule appointments for the President, including interviewing callers to determine purpose of meetings and making proper referrals.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements of the President/CEO. Oversee expense reports and reimbursements on behalf of the President and executive team members, as designated by the President. prepares background documents and correspondence as necessary.
- Provides direction and prioritization for the screening of the President/CEO voicemail, e-mail and appointments using expert judgement and discretion.
- Works closely with the President/CEO to manage multiple complex projects. Successfully completes critical aspects for deliverables that facilitate the President/CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Attend meetings on behalf of President/CEO
- Organizes and manages the logistics of staff meetings and retreats
- Provides administrative support to the leadership team as needed
- Prepares online board information packets and distributes materials to board members.
- Maintains board files and distribute board minutes.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating logistics for board and committee meetings, retreats and events.
- Minimum of three years full-time experience in office management, executive assistance, and/or project coordination
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in office management, word processing and spreadsheets, and email/calendaring.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task while remaining helpful, pleasant and courteous.
- Strong technology background and ability to learn and manage organizational software
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers and have strong customer service skill
- Experience in an administrative office setting
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 including Microsoft Teams as well as knowledge of standards for operating a donor database.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to accuracy and a team player
- Demonstrated success in communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Must be innovative and a creative thinker with a proven success of following through with ideas
- Preferably a hunter and/or angler with a willingness to work flexible hours
- Must conduct work with integrity, good humor and a focus on developing partnerships, building trust and strengthening professional relationships
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and have a valid driver’s license
BHA offers a stimulating and fun work environment, health insurance, matching 401K and a generous leave package including annual time off for backcountry hunting/fishing, and discounts with BHA corporate partners.
Starting Salary: Full time permanent position, salary depending on experience
Location: Missoula, Montana. In office.
Application: To apply send cover letter and resume to hiring committee at [email protected] with the subject line “Executive Assistant”
Applicants will be accepted through July 1, 2022, or until the position is filled.
Please attach your cover letter and resume as one pdf document. The application cover letter should outline both your interest in and qualifications for this position.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting through education and work on behalf of wild public lands and waters.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.