Tournament runs July 24-September 6
All Texas BHA members are eligible to participate, and no additional entry is required.
There will be a freshwater category (Largemouth Bass), and a saltwater category (Speckled Trout).
Prizes will be awarded for longest fish in each category.
- All anglers must be a current member of BHA and reside in Texas at the time of the catch.
- All fish must be caught on public water in Texas. Fishing a public lake, river, or bay from private land is allowed.
- The tournament begins on July 24, 2021 and all entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 CDT, September 6, 2021 Any fish caught before July 16, 2021 may not be entered.
- All fish entered must meet minimum size requirements for that species and must have been caught by legal means.
- Submissions can be made by one of two ways.
- Instagram: Make a post and tag @texas_bha and use the hashtag #txdogdays
- Email: Send submission to [email protected] with the subject “Texas Dog Days”
- All submissions must include a photo which shows the entire fish on a legible measuring device/ruler and details of the catch, including date, approximate time, water body, and measured length to nearest 1/4”. If the full fish and length measurement are not visible or catch details are missing, the catch will not count.
- In the event of a tie, the time of submission will be the tiebreaker, with the entry submitted first winning.
- All fish should be released after measuring and photographing.
- A fish can only be submitted once, and the fish must be submitted by the person who caught it.
- Texas Chapter Board have the final say in all issues regarding rules and submissions. Submissions and anglers can be disqualified at any time.
July 24, 2021 at 12:00am - September 06, 2021