Sign up here to receive our quarterly Collegiate Program newsletter and be entered to win a BHA hat and T-shirt each semester!
BHA is a membership/volunteer driven organization. Our success is due to our thousands of member volunteers like you. Your time and energy are what help protect our wild public lands, waters, and wildlife. Here's how you can get involved:
Join the BHA family by purchasing a student membership:
- A student membership is only $15 and you'll receive exclusive BHA news in our quarterly journal and a monthly Backcountry Beat eNewsletter.
- Join at https://www.backcountryhunters.org/join
Join or start a BHA club at your school:
- See where we have existing clubs at the bottom of this page. If there's not one at your university, start one.
- Starting a club is easy! Click here for instructions one how to do it.
Become a club leader:
- We are always looking for more students to help lead our college clubs. There are many ways to help your club based on your interests and skills. Being a club leader gives you valuable professional development skills for your resume and allows you to network with important conservation leaders.
Partner with BHA for a class project:
- Looking to fulfill class or degree requirements and need a project to work on? Want to help public lands, wildlife, or habitat in the process. Let us know.
- See what students have done in the past here.
Stay informed by following us on our digital platforms:
- Check out our blog to see what we've been up to
- Sign up for a student membership to receive our quarterly eNewsletter
Host an on-campus or student targeted event:
- Whether you are a student or not consider hosting an on-campus event to engage students at your local university: clean-up, wild game cook-off, scavenger hunt, film fest, speaker series, fishing tournament, etc. Get creative!
- BHA can provide resources and support to help.
- Speak up about BHA priority issues. Take 5-10 minutes to read the emails, social media posts, and calls to action we share with you – and most importantly, take action following the instructions we provide to make sure your voice is heard! You can also check out the Take Action page on our website.
Purchase a public lands map:
- Purchase a public lands map in our store. Proceeds go directly towards BHA’s Collegiate Program.
Spread the word:
- Tell your friends about BHA's Collegiate Program! Share our public lands mission with your friends and get them involved in our work
- Know someone who would make a great club leader? Put them in touch with BHA's Collegiate Coordinator.
- Write something for our program blog.
- Sign up, share, like, and tag!
Do you have another idea you'd like to implement?
Contact us at [email protected]
Find A Club
Don't see one at your school? Start one!