We will be camping on Friday and Saturday nights just outside the refuge and will have plenty of space for anyone to join. If you are slightly interested in joining, we would benefit from you putting in for a reservation on that day. You must do so at least 17 days in advance through CDFW’s online licensing system, and just select Purchase License>2021 Hunting tab>Waterfowl Multiple Choice Application>Mendota> January 15th. If you do not have a reservation you can still hunt!
· Hunting License
· Federal Duck Stamp (purchased at USPS offices)
· State Duck Stamp (purchased at licensing vendor e.g Walmart, Big 5)
· Type A Wildlife Pass. These are sold in 1, 2, or yearlong options.
· Gun and shot. Recommended size: 2-4 steel.
· Recommend a mud seat
· During waterfowl season, however, only 25 shotgun shells may be taken into the field.
· Sleeping bag
· Rain coat (camouflage preferred)
California Chapter board members will bring a grill and some grub, EZ up, spare tent or two, firepit, and camp essentials.
We will be camping at tent city (36.73163, -120.33416) which is just a dirt parking lot with some Porta Johns, so if anyone has a wall tent, tepee tent, or any other accoutrement to make life more lavish we will have beer for you :)