Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is a North American nonprofit organization headquartered in Missoula, Montana. BHA seeks to ensure our outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting through education and work on behalf of wild public lands, waters and wildlife. Now, more than ever before, we need wild lands: places to rekindle the fire at the heart of the human soul. BHA is a nonpartisan group of sportsmen and women who are standing up for these places and for the outdoor opportunities they represent.
BHA is seeking a motivated individual with a passion for public lands as a part-time bookkeeper to assist with our day to day accounting and finance requirements. This person will be responsible for managing payables and receivables and approvals and communications. He or she will ensure that proper backup is retained for all expenses and deposits. He or she will be able to comply with BHA’s budget and allocate expenses and income accordingly. The successful candidate will be able to work accurately and efficiently in QuickBooks and create financial reports to assist the operations team with expense and grant allocation.
- Record all financial transactions in QuickBooks
- Process account payables
- Invoice customers and track payments
- Process payroll and prepare quarterly payroll reports
- Oversee monthly bank reconciliations
- Produce balance sheets, income statements and other financial documents as needed
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Excellent time and project management skills and ability to multi task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication sills
- Passion for BHA’s work and mission
- Ability to work with a diverse team, including some who work remotely
- Degree in accounting, business administration or related field
Starting Salary: Dependent on experience (part-time position)
Application Close Date: Open until filed
Application: To apply send cover letter and resume to Operations Associate Caitlin Frisbie at [email protected] with the subject line “BHA Bookkeeper”
Please attach your cover letter and resume as one PDF document. The application cover letter should outline both your interest in and qualifications for this position.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.