All Americans have a right to enjoy our public lands and waters – but no small minority has a right to damage those public treasures or ruin the experience of others enjoying the Great Outdoors. Many of us can tell stories of stalks ruined, peace and quiet shattered and pack strings spooked by illegal off-road vehicles.
To help encourage sportsmen and public land users to continue our longstanding tradition of policing our own ranks, BHA offers up to $500 in rewards for reports or information leading to a conviction of illegal motorized users. By collecting the vehicle identification number, the location where the offense occurred and any photographs that would be helpful in weeding-out those who threaten our sporting heritage and namesake. Report illegal OHV use to your local game warden and/or land manager (see info. needed below) and help ensure that we continue to have quality habitat, hunts and access for all.
- Date, location and description of the incident - when, where, what and who you saw. Collect as many details as possible, including: GPS points, name of road or trail head, etc.
- Photos of the identification number from the OHV's permit, serial number, and/or the license plate of the owner's truck.
- Photos, supporting statements from other witnesses and any other documentation that you can gather.
If you are interested in claiming a reward through BHA's OHV Reward Fund Program, please send us an email with "OHV Reward Fund" in the subject line. Please include the information listed above, in addition to details on:
- How your report helped lead to the conviction of the illegal OHV user.
- Name and contact information for the officer that made the conviction.
- Status/result of prosecution.
*Note that this is the same information that you should collect and provide to the local land manager to help ensure a proper conviction can be made. Get as much information as you can safely, more is better then not enough, but do not risk your own safety while getting the information.