Join your California Chapter of BHA for an afternoon of insight into getting some monsters in the net - grab some food and drinks, practice your casting, tie a fly, and converse over a shared loved of public waters.
"Fishing Streamers for Trophy Trout" presented the Buhler Brothers and hosted by Orvis - March 16, 2019 from 12 pm - 5 pm, 345 S. Lake Avenue, Pasadena, CA
Rob and Ryan Buhler, aka the Buhler Brothers, have been fishing and tying for most of their adult lives. Most of that time spent in the Eastern Sierra's and the surf, harbors and bays of Southern California. Current members of the Southern Sierra Fly Fishers and instructors at Guy Jean's Guide School, the Buhler Brothers started Buhler Bros Flies to help bring high quality flies to the market, along with making the circuit of presentations, tying classes and tying demos throughout Southern California. The Buhlers will be joining BHA and Orvis to put on a cannot miss presentation and casting seminar for those searching for their unicorn (whether than be a 10+ pound brown or just a fish that won't slip through the holes in your net).
- 12 PM: Fly tying demo, food, drink and BS
- 1 PM: Presentation
- Post-Presentation: Casting demo, instruction, more eating, drinking and BS'ing
Topics to be covered include:
- Tackle: Rods, Reels, Lines and Leaders needed to fight and land Trophy Fish
- Our Favorite Flies
- Casting Techniques
- When and Where to find these Trophy Fish.
- Also Tips and Techniques from over Twenty plus years of Searching the Eastern Sierra's for Trophy Trout.
After the presentation, stick around to practice casting some of these heavy bugs without landing a hook solidly in the back of your head (no promises).
March 16, 2019 at 12pm - 3pm