Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
LOCATION: BHA Headquarters - Missoula, MT
SCHEDULE: 10-20 hours per week - credits available
We are seeking an intern to assist our journal editor and communications director in the production of our quarterly membership publication, Backcountry Journal. This position is perfect for undergrad or graduate journalism, English, communications or EVST students with an interest in the outdoors and publishing.
Backcountry Journal chronicles the efforts of our young, dynamic membership and staff, as well as creating some stoke for the outdoors activities we all love. We print instructional skills stories, cover current events in the conservation world and feature essays about the backcountry by authors of all levels – from college students to the likes of David James Duncan and Hal Herring.
Backcountry Journal Intern duties may include:
- Develop written content for the journal, as his or her skills, knowledge and experience allow. Creating a good clip or two will be a priority.
- Reviewing and filing content submissions.
- Copy editing.
- Event photography/coverage.
- Sorting, selecting and editing images.
- Transcribing interview recordings.
- Digitizing and publishing journal on the BHA website.
- Assisting with layout and design Backcountry Journal.
- Magazine distribution logistics.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com