The Arizona Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers has been growing fast and shows no signs of slowing down. With your help we will continue to grow as a force for sustaining wild lands, wildlife, native fisheries and the kind of authentic backcountry experience we are determined to pass on to future generations.
Regional Directors - Seeking Applications now through April 16, 2021
AZ BHA is currently looking for motivated members to help us keep up with issues across the state as Regional Directors. We are seeking applicants from every region from now until April 16, 2021. We welcome both the well-learned and experienced conservationist and those who lack experience but are willing to learn. Applicants must be current AZ BHA members.
Check out the role descriptions below then take a few minutes to fill out our short online board member application HERE.
Regional Directors work within the AZ Board to promote the mission and values of BHA. He/she will engage our members on issues and events within their area, and in turn, represent the perspective and interests of their region to the AZ Board to ensure a “ground-up” information flow. Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Attend monthly conference call with AZ
- Work with AZ Board, Regional Ambassadors and National staff to serve the interests and needs of our members in that
- Identify, represent and manage actions in response to local policy and
- Seek and lead coordination of engagement opportunities within the region (i.e., Pint Nights, stewardship projects, volunteer efforts, tabling opportunities, etc).
- Cultivate relationships with local BHA members, sportsman and conservation groups, land/wildlife managers, decision makers and representatives in the state legislature.
- Support regional, statewide and national objectives of BHA and the Arizona chapter
- Other duties as assigned or deemed
- Regional Director is a volunteer
- Regional Directors do not hold a voting position on the AZ BHA
If you are interested in being added to the AZ BHA volunteer list please send your name, address, phone, and any areas of interest to us at [email protected]unters.org.