Call for Award Nominees
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is seeking nominations for our annual awards, which recognize outstanding conservation efforts on behalf of North America’s backcountry. These honors will be bestowed at the 2020 Rendezvous in Missoula, Montana, in June.
The 2019 award recipients, pictured with BHA staff in Boise
Who deserves to receive one of these awards?
- The Jim Posewitz Award for advancing ethical, responsible behavior in the hunting and fishing fields by example, leadership or education
- The Aldo Leopold Award for outstanding effort conserving terrestrial wildlife habitat
- The Sigurd F. Olson Award for outstanding effort conserving rivers, lakes or wetland habitat
- The Ted Trueblood Award for outstanding communication on behalf of backcountry habitat and values
- The Mike Beagle-Chairman’s Award for outstanding effort on behalf of BHA
- The Larry Fischer Award for outstanding corporate contribution to BHA’s mission
- The George Bird Grinnell Award for the outstanding BHA chapter of the year
- The Rachel L. Carson Award for an outstanding emerging leader
Nominate individuals and chapters via the form below. The final deadline for nominations is Tuesday, March 31. Awardees will be announced at BHA’s North American Rendezvous, Missoula, Montana, June 4-6, 2020.