The Armed Forces Initiative
We want to give the military community a new mission and that mission is conservation!
The Armed Forces Initiative is the BHA program focused on getting the military community into the backcountry to create more conservationists in this essential demographic. At BHA we have always seen our best leaders both as volunteers and staff members come from a military background. We know the value of these individuals to the conservation community. We believe that by engaging with this group we can not only help members of the military community through the transition from military to civilian life but also greatly increase the proficiency and talent within the conservation community.
To provide members of the Military community with all the knowledge, experience, and passion, needed to be fully operational as hunters and anglers in the forest, on the water, and as conservation stewards for habitat and wildlife as engaged advocates in the legislative process.
BHA’s Armed Forces Initiative strives to ensure that those on Active Duty, in the National Guard, Reservists, Veterans, and Gold Star Families continue to take active roles as public landowners while providing a constructive outlet for current or transitioning service members to continue their selfless service and enjoy the camaraderie of likeminded individuals. Patriotism and selfless service carries on in our mission to protect public land and water access along with the ethical chase of wildlife.
-Instill within the Military Community, a knowledge of conservation practices and theory, a love of wild places, and a desire to elevate Americas public wild lands as fundamental components of American Freedom.
BHA’s Armed Forces Initiative offers the Military Community:
- We want to give the Military community a new mission, and that mission is conservation
- We take the military community to Americas public wild places and show them great experiences but more than that we teach them why these wild places exist and how they as veterans can ensure there continued existence.
- An opportunity to engage in BHA’s core work to enhance public access and opportunity, conserve our public lands, waters and wildlife, and defend our fair chase hunting and fishing traditions
- A better quality of life through exposure to backcountry experiences
- The chance to experience and enjoy the mental and physical benefits of backcountry experiences
- The resources to share their backcountry experiences with other servicemen and women
Sign up to volunteer with us today!