The Arizona chapter of BHA was founded in August of 2013 with 20 members. In a few short years we've grown that number to roughly 150 active members. Enthusiasm for the future of BHA in AZ has never been higher. In the coming years we will apply energy and resources to the following:
- Membership recruitment and engagement
- Developing a deeper bench of active volunteer leadership across the state
- Establishing BHA as a leading voice of the public lands hunter and angler within the hunting and fishing and legislative communities
- Responsible OHV use education
- Education on the benefits of the backcountry experience: challenge, solitude and adventure
Going forward we will be hosting regular events around the state to engage with our membership and mobilize them around key issues and projects. These events also will drive new membership. We will also be active members of the Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation, the state-run Hunting and Angling Heritage Work group, and will strive to provide leadership in the areas where we are strongest (OHV, public lands, backcountry education, etc.).
Please contact us to learn how you can get involved in Arizona BHA!