It’s time for the #BHAvsCWD Challenge. Since CWD was first detected in Tennessee in 2018, the disease has spread to at least four counties. To help combat CWD, @bhatennessee is hosting a giveaway to encourage hunters to harvest deer in the CWD Unit and have those animals tested to determine the spread and prevalence of this disease in our state. Your hard work will provide biologists and resource managers with the critical data they need to fight the spread of CWD and protect deer populations in Tennessee. And just as importantly, we can help limit the spread of CWD by reducing the herd.
Participating hunters will be entered into drawings for multiple giveaways. Check ‘em out!
First Prize: a 2020 Tennessee sportsman’s license and an @tnwildliferesources swag bag (both provided by TWRA) and a @backcountryhunters hat and t-shirt (provided by @bhatennessee)
Second Prize: a 2020 Tennessee sportsman’s license and BHA hat and shirt (both provided by @bhatennessee)
Third Prize: a Wildgame Innovations game camera (provided by @bhatennessee)
To enter, participants should be a member of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers and email proof of each harvest, testing, or check-in record to BHAvsCWD@backcountryhunters.org.
Keep us updated on your hunts by tagging @BHATennessee on Facebook and Instagram. Be sure to use the hashtag #bhavscwd!
The following rules apply:
1) Participants should be a member of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.
2) Participants must possess a valid Tennessee resident hunting license.
3) All Tennessee state laws and regulations apply.
4) One entry will be counted for each: a) harvest in Unit CWD, b) deer tested in Unit CWD, c) positive CWD test, OR d) deer physically checked at any checking station anywhere in the state.
5) All harvest entries must be deer harvested in Unit CWD: Chester County, Fayette County, Hardeman County, Haywood County, Madison County, McNairy County, Shelby County, and Tipton County.
6) Proof of harvest, testing, or checked deer at a physical check station must be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.