3rd Annual Public Land Owner Film Fest
The 3rdAnnual Public Land Owner Film Fest, a film fest driven by YOU and your fellow public land owners, is a great opportunity to support BHA and our partners and showcase your creativity and outdoor skills. Use your smart phone or any recording device to capture entertaining videos and you’ll have a chance to win amazing prizes from our partners. The top videos will premiere at our 9th Annual BHA Rendezvous in Missoula, Montana, June 4-6, 2020, and then be shown throughout the continent by BHA chapters.
You can catch the 2019 Public Land Owner Film Fest Tour throughout the fall at an event near you!
General: This one is up to you. Make a mockumentary with your friends. Film a solo hunt. Teach us a woodsy skill that you’ve mastered. Or even film yourself talking to your local legislator about public lands issues. Whatever you do, have fun with it and keep it to 2 minutes or less.
(20) GENERAL CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
- $150 Gift card to goHUNT Gear Shop
- Gerber Defender Compact, Freehander, and Vital Folder
- Vortex Binoculars
Corporate Partner: Our Corporate Partners help us out in all kinds of ways – and this is a great opportunity to return the favor. Make a one-minute video (per their suggestions: see below) for their brand and you’ll be automatically entered to win amazing prizes from them.
Easy doesn’t believe in failure, but Gerber does. Submit your best video showing how you’ve made light of a failure in the field.
(2) GERBER CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
NEW Fastball, 6” Controller Fillet – SALT, Neat Freak Braided Line Cutters – SALT, Magnipliers – SALT, Crossriver - SALT, Defender Compact, Freehander, Line Driver, Vital Folder, Vital Replacement Blades, Devour Multi-Fork
Fun and creative video highlighting the use of the INSIDER research platform to find a hunt.
(2) goHUNT CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
$1,000 gift card to goHUNT Gear Shop
(2) SITKA CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
(2) STANLEY CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
We’re unconventional, and if you’re reading this, so are you. Here’s your opportunity to share that footage from your backcountry hunt or bring your camera to the nearest public range. We want to see how YOU enjoy your public lands – humor is welcome but not required.
(2) VORTEX CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
- There is no limit to the number of videos an individual can submit
- Films submitted in the General category cannot exceed 2 minutes in length
- Films submitted in the Corporate Partner category cannot exceed 1 minute in length
- By submitting to the 3rd Annual Public Land Owner Film Fest you are relinquishing all rights to the film to Backcountry Hunters & Anglers and our corporate partners
- You do not have to be a BHA member to enter
- Those submitting films agree to have all necessary permit to film in your location
- By submitting a film you agree to have procured the rights to any music playing within the film
- The submission period will run from January 2020 to Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
- April 2020 – BHA and our corporate partners will select the general category finalists and the winners of the corporate partner category
- May 1 – Filmmakers whose films have made the final cut will be notified
- The premiere of the 3rd Annual Public Land Owner Film fest will take place at the 9thannual Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Rendezvous in Missoula, Montana, June 4-6, 2020
- June 2020 – Rendezvous 2021 – The Public Land Owner Film Fest will be shown across the continent at BHA chapter led events