Taking photos that capture the essence of our diverse public lands and waters, along with our experiences on them, is no easy task. Yet these images are essential in communicating the value of our wild landscapes and the richness of our outdoor pursuits to decision makers and the greater public. Throughout August you can help drive BHA’s mission forward and conserve the waters you love by entering your images in our Public Waters Photo Contest.
Simply upload photos that you feel best capture the spirit of our wild public waters and wildlife. We’ll utilize these images throughout the year to bring awareness and generate action around important conservation and water access issues, and ethical practices afield.
As a thank you, we’ll be awarding BHA and Yeti prize packages and a highlight in the winter issue of Backcountry Journal for those who submit the most powerful images.
- No limit on the number of submissions
- Landscape, fishing, wildlife, camping and outdoor recreation photos encouraged
- Submit fully processed JPG files
- Include your name and Instagram handle in each photo filename before upload to ensure accurate credit can be given.
- Do not submit photos of children without parental consent
- Deadline for submissions is Saturday, Aug. 31.
- Highlight in winter issue of Backcountry Journal
- “Behind the Shot” feature on Backcountryhunters.org for top three images.
- First Place: YETI Tundra 75 + BHA swag pak (2 hats, 2 t-shirts, 1 sweatshirt)
- Second Place: YETI Hopper Flip 12 + BHA swag pak
- Third Place: YETI Rambler 20-ounce tumber + BHA swag pak
In Partnership With: