It's hard to believe, but 2018 is now in the rear view mirror and the Oregon chapter is already hitting the ground running in 2019. This past year was special for our chapter. We experienced growth and successes that could have only been made possible by you and all the kick-ass sportsmen and women that make up our ranks. Please see below, our notable accomplishments from 2018 and what is ahead of us in the new year.
For additional details or questions about our year, please email us at [email protected]
Make sure to check out all the new features on our chapter page and join us on Instagram and Facebook.
- Involvement in the following state issues:
- Doubled our Oregon membership to 1,400.
- Successfully hosted/tabled at multiple recruitment and fundraising events including our annual Beers, Bands & Public Lands brewfest, Filson Campfire Stories, Northwest Mountain Challenge, Pacific Northwest Sportsmen’s Shows (Portland and Redmond), Youth Events and Pint Nights, to name a few.
- Sent Oregon representation to Washington D.C. to lobby for permanent reauthorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- In collaboration with The Nature Conservancy and the Oregon Zoo’s Non-Lead Initiative, produced short film of an Oregon BHA member’s “elk hunt of a lifetime” on the infamous Zumwalt Prairie.
- Continued collaborative work with local conservation and sportsmen/women groups.
Looking Ahead to 2019:
- Revamp chapter leadership to expand our Board and welcome our new Ambassadors
Continued involvement with
- The Elliott State Research Forest
- Central Cascades Wilderness Strategies Project
- Frank and Jeanne Moore Wild Steelhead Special Management Area
- Land and Water Conservation Fund
New and potential engagement in:
- Lostine Wildlife Area
- Deschutes Trails Coalition
- Hwy 97 Wildlife Underpass
- OHV Identification
- Southeast Oregon Resource Management Plan
- USFS Travel Management Plans in Northeast Oregon
- Wallowa County Hells Canyon Trail Association
- Greater Hells Canyon Council
More opportunities to support and engage!
- Beers, Bands & Public Lands
- Filson Campfire Stories
- Public Land Owner Film Festival
- Hike to Hunt
- Stewardship & work projects
- Pint Nights and other local events
- And much more!