Thank you for joining us at BHA’s National Gathering!
See this Google Map for Directions
Date: March 22nd-24th, 2013
Where: Boise Hotel and Conference Center, Boise, Idaho
Friday, March 22nd:
- 4pm: Social, Drinks, Family Pool Party
- 5pm Opening Remarks: Executive Director
- 5:30-9pm Basque Themed Dinner, BHA Slide Show, Family Pool Party
Saturday March 23rd:
- 8:00am: Coffee, Opening Remarks
- Seminar #1A“Making it Cool! Introducing Youth to Backcountry”
- Seminar #1B“Turkey Calling and Other Tips”
- 9:20am -10:00am:
- Seminar #2 “Speak up for Habitat! How to Make a Difference for Our Hunting and Fishing Legacy”
- 10:20am – 11:00am:
- Seminar #3 Traditional Archery Seminar- Nancy Doran of Archery Past with Help from Idaho Traditional Bowhunters.
- 11:20 – Noon:
- Seminar # 4 “How to Load and Balance Your Pack for Mountain Hunting”
- Lunch Noon -1pm
- Round Tables with: Authors Lily Raff McCallou, Tom Reed, David Lien, and Pat Wray and Scott Hed, Director, Sportsman’s Alliance for AK
- TBD: Kids Casting Practice in the Pool!
- TBD: Spey Casting( possible carpool to river).
- Other outdoor activities will include Idaho Fish and Games’ Airgun and Fishing Trailers and Crosscut Demo!
- 1pm- 1:40pm:
- Seminar #5A“Challenges and Rewards of Owning a Bird Dog” Lonn Kuck of Elk Run Kennels, Home of Braque Du Bourbonnais Pointing Dogs
- Seminar #5B Amateur Taxidermy:Dwight Curtis
- 2:00pm – 2:40pm:
- Seminar #6A “Small Stream Fishing and Tenkara”
- Seminar #6B “Traditional Bowbuilding”
- 2:00pm: For Hunter Education Instructors Only: “The Classroom and Beyond: Introducing Youth to Backcountry Hunting “
- 3:00 – 3:40 pm: Seminar #6 “Llama Packing”
- 5:00pm: Social, Drinks
- 5:30pm: Awards, Banquet Dinner
- 6:30pm: Speaker Jason Hairston of Kuiu
- 7:30pm Auction Begins
Sunday, March 24th:
- 9am: National Meeting Plus States’ Updates by Chapter Leaders
- 10:30 Closing Remarks